Xossip

Go Back Xossip > Technology> E-books > vespa34567's Mega E-books Thread

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 29th August 2015
Custom title
Visit my website

vespa34567 is beginning to get noticed
Captive Selves, Captivating Others The Politics And Poetics Of Colonial American Captivity Narrative...

Captive Selves, Captivating Others: The Politics And Poetics Of Colonial American Captivity Narratives by Pauline Turner Strong
English | December 13, 2000 | ISBN-10: 0813316669 | 280 pages | PDF | 34 MB

This book reexamines the Anglo-American literary genre known as the "Indian captivity narrative" in the context of the complex historical practice of captivity across cultural borders in colonial North America.

This detailed and nuanced study of the relationship between practice and representation on the one hand, and identity and alterity on the other. It is an important contribution to cultural studies, American studies, Native American studies, women's studies, and historical anthropology.
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me

Old 29th August 2015
Custom title
Visit my website

Chinatown Gangs Extortion, Enterprise, and Ethnicity (Studies in Crime and Public Policy) 1st Editio...

Chinatown Gangs: Extortion, Enterprise, and Ethnicity (Studies in Crime and Public Policy) by Ko-lin Chin
English | Feb. 10, 2000 | ISBN: 019510238X, 0195136276 | 248 Pages | PDF | 14,8 MB

In Chinatown Gangs, Ko-lin Chin penetrates a closed society and presents a rare portrait of the underworld of New York City's Chinatown. Based on first-hand accounts from gang members, gang victims, community leaders, and law enforcement authorities, this pioneering study reveals the pervasiveness, the muscle, the longevity, and the institutionalization of Chinatown gangs.

Chin reveals the fear gangs instill in the Chinese community. At the same time, he shows how the economic viability of the community is sapped, and how gangs encourage lawlessness, making a mockery of law enforcement agencies.

Ko-lin Chin makes clear that gang crime is inexorably linked to Chinatown's political economy and social history. He shows how gangs are formed to become "equalizers" within a social environment where individual and group conflicts, whether social, political, or economic, are unlikely to be solved in American courts. Moreover, Chin argues that Chinatown's informal economy provides yet another opportunity for street gangs to become "providers" or "protectors" of illegal services. These gangs, therefore, are the pathological manifestation of a closed community, one whose problems are not easily seen--and less easily understood--by outsiders.

Old 29th August 2015
Custom title
Visit my website

Colonoscopy Principles and Practice, 2nd Edition

Jerome D. Wayne, "Colonoscopy: Principles and Practice, 2nd Edition"
English | ISBN: 1405175990 | 2009 | 832 pages | PDF | 28 MB

First Edition - Winner of 2004 BMA Medical Book Competition in Gastroenterology
The second edition of this prize winning book is written by some of the world s foremost experts in the field of colonoscopy and colonic imaging. Every chapter has been updated and 5 new chapters have been added to include the latest information and advances in the field of colonoscopy:

Capsule Colonoscopy
Narrow Band Imaging
Confocal Endomicroscopy
Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection in the Colon
New Colonoscopes and Assist Devices
Drawing on the vast experience of the authors it covers every area of medicine that impacts on colonoscopy, including virtual colonography, pathology, techniques for pediatric and adult procedures, and legal aspects concerning colonoscopy.

The book is focused on patient care, and provides explanations on how to perform the procedure effectively and make the best outcome for your patients. It serves as a detailed manual of procedures, extensively illustrated with diagrams and photographs.

The book includes a companion website with supplementary material: a lecture on the history of colonoscopy, interviews with famous gastroenterologists, demonstrations of techniques, and typical and unusual cases.

This is an invaluable compendium on all aspects of colonoscopy, suitable for use by every grade of practitioner world-wide and an essential reference book for all establishments with an endoscopy facility.

Please note: This product no longer comes with a DVD. The DVD content is now available online at http://wiley.mpstechnologies.com/wil...PBobContent.do.

Old 29th August 2015
Custom title
Visit my website

Computer Graphics through Key Mathematics

Computer Graphics through Key Mathematics By Huw Jones
2001 | 343 Pages | ISBN: 1852334223 | PDF | 9 MB

This book introduces the mathematical concepts that underpin computer graphics. It is written in an approachable way, without burdening readers with the skills of ow to do'things. The author discusses those aspects of mathematics that relate to the computer synthesis of images, and so gives users a better understanding of the limitations of computer graphics systems. Users of computer graphics who have no formal training and wish to understand the essential foundations of computer graphics systems will find this book very useful, as will mathematicians who want to understand how their subject is used in computer image synthesis.

Old 29th August 2015
Custom title
Visit my website

Critical Survey of Graphic Novels Heroes & Superheroes

Critical Survey of Graphic Novels: Heroes & Superheroes (Critical Survey (Salem Press)) - (2-Volume Set) by Bart H. Beaty
English | Apr. 15, 2012 | ISBN: 1587658658 | 848 Pages | PDF | 11.58 MB

A 'first' in the field, this brand new Critical Survey series focuses on all aspects of the graphic novels format, aiming to establish it as an important academic discipline and research topic in libraries.

Designed for academic institutions, high schools, and public libraries, the series provides unique insight into the stories and themes expressed in historic and current landscape of the graphic novel medium. The first title in this series, Critical Survey of Graphic Novels: Heroes and Superheroes, provides in-depth insight into over 130 of the most popular and studied graphic novels. Researchers will be familiar with the characters and stories included in this collection, but will gain a deeper new understanding, as the literary nature of the stories is presented in critical format by leading writers in the field of study. Essays look beyond the 'pop culture' aspects of the medium to show the wide range of literary themes and artistic styles used to convey beliefs and conflicts, some harking back to ancient times. Today's graphic novels expose the vulnerabilities and character flaws that previous comic book stories glossed over or never covered. The impact of death becomes real, as popular heroes are killed, leaving an impact on the remaining characters. The theme of anti-hero runs deep as characters dismiss morality and engage in situations that are not heroic in nature. These concepts challenge the researcher to see beyond the panels of a comic book, showing readers how the themes of ancient literary tradition are still alive in the literature of graphic novels. The essays are arranged alphabetically, and each essay is approximately 3 to 4 pages long. Essays begin with full ready reference top matter, including the title or subtitle, the primary author or authors, the illustrators who contributed to the work, the first serial and book publication, the publisher, the number of pages, the ISBN, the genre and/or subgenre and the work's intended age group. Several helpful finding aids are located at the end of Volume two. Appendixes include a 'More Graphic Novels' list, a list of major awards, a comprehensive glossary, a timeline of important events, relevant electronic resources, and a general bibliography. Four complete indexes round out the set: Works by Publication Date, Works by Publisher, Works by Author/Artist, and a Subject Index.

Old 29th August 2015
Custom title
Visit my website

Democracy More or Less America's Political Reform Quandary

Democracy More or Less: America's Political Reform Quandary (Cambridge Studies in Election Law and Democracy) by Bruce Cain
English | 2014 | ISBN: 1107612268, 1107039630 | 262 pages | EPUB + azw3 | 0,7 + 1 MB

Why do American political reform efforts so often fail to solve the problems they intend to fix? In this book, Bruce E. Cain argues that the reasons are an unrealistic civic ideal of a fully informed and engaged citizenry and a neglect of basic pluralist principles about political intermediaries. This book traces the tension between populist and pluralist approaches as it plays out in many seemingly distinct reform topics, such as voting administration, campaign finance, excessive partisanship, redistricting, and transparency and voter participation. It explains why political primaries have promoted partisan polarization, why voting rates are declining even as election opportunities increase, and why direct democracy is not really a grassroots tool. Cain offers a reform agenda that attempts to reconcile pluralist ideals with the realities of collective-action problems and resource disparities.

Old 29th August 2015
Custom title
Visit my website

Developing and Utilizing E-Learning Applications

Developing and Utilizing E-Learning Applications (Premier Reference Source) by Fotis Lazarinis
English | 2010 | ISBN: 1616927917 | PDF | 350 pages | 6,9 MB

The tools and technologies used and studied in an e-learning context are continually changing due to advancements in both teaching and learning. Developing and Utilizing E-Learning Applications provides a complete investigation of new methods, technologies, and practices critical to modern educational environments.

Exploring topics such as virtual worlds, learning methods, and ICTs as well as interoperability in e-learning environments, this reference provides essential knowledge for educators, practitioners, and students alike.

Old 29th August 2015
Custom title
Visit my website

Eclipse 4 Plug-in Development by Example Beginner's Guide

Eclipse 4 Plug-in Development by Example Beginner's Guide By Dr. Alex Blewitt
2013 | 348 Pages | ISBN: 1782160329 | EPUB, MOBI, PDF | 29 MB

As a highly extensible platform, Eclipse is used by everyone from independent software developers to NASA. Key to this is Eclipse's plug-in ecosystem, which allows applications to be developed in a modular architecture and extended through its use of plug-ins and features.

"Eclipse 4 Plug-in Development by Example Beginner's Guide" takes the reader through the full journey of plug-in development, starting with an introduction to Eclipse plug-ins, continued through packaging and culminating in automated testing and deployment. The example code provides simple snippets which can be developed and extended to get you going quickly.

This book covers basics of plug-in development, creating user interfaces with both SWT and JFace, and interacting with the user and execution of long-running tasks in the background.

Example-based tasks such as creating and working with preferences and advanced tasks such as well as working with Eclipse's files and resources. A specific chapter on the differences between Eclipse 3.x and Eclipse 4.x presents a detailed view of the changes needed by applications and plug-ins upgrading to the new model. Finally, the book concludes on how to package plug-ins into update sites, and build and test them automatically.

Old 29th August 2015
Custom title
Visit my website

English File Upper-intermediate Student's Book with iTutor, 3 edition

English File: Upper-intermediate: Student's Book with iTutor, 3 edition by Clive Oxenden and Christina Latham-Koenig
English | 2014 | ISBN: 0194558746 | 170 pages | scanned PDF | 87 MB

A new edition of the best-selling English File, improved throughout with brand new digital components to use inside and outside the classroom. English File Third edition - the best way to get your students talking. The English File concept remains the same - fun, enjoyable lessons which get students talking through the right mix of language, motivation, and opportunity - but now the content and the components have been updated and improved for students and teachers. The English File third edition digital components help to make the most of teaching and learning opportunities inside and outside the classroom. The digital package includes: iTools (a digital classroom resource), iTutor and iChecker for students, Pronunciation App for mobiles, Online Workbook, Student's and Teacher's websites.

Old 29th August 2015
Custom title
Visit my website

Exemplary Science for Resolving Societal Challenges

Exemplary Science for Resolving Societal Challenges by Robert E. Yager
English | Sep. 9, 2010 | ISBN: 1936137127 | 276 Pages | PDF | 4.75 MB

Amid a flurry of national standards and high-stakes assessments, it s easy to overlook the curiosity and invention that is inherent to science and that should be central to any science lesson plan.

Similarly, the connections between what students learn in the classroom and the issues facing our society are often lost in the race to cover the content. The National Science Education Standards goals that are emphasized in this volume focus on how to successfully draw on personal and societal problems in the classroom to illustrate the use and understanding of science for all learners. Editor Robert Yager and his extraordinary team of co-authors offer exciting and diverse case study examples of new, research-based, and proven strategies that are sure to provide educators with a road map as they strive to reform and reinvigorate their classrooms. As with all of the Exemplary Science titles, this book provides resources, ideas, and case studies to stimulate science education faculties across the country to begin substantive discussions that will drive them to re-embrace curiosity, invention, inquiry, and societal connection in the classroom and move them toward exemplary science instruction.

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls