Nice Thread

Old 29th August 2015

GsM_BaBa is beginning to get noticed
Nice Thread

Old 29th August 2015
Custom title
Visit my website

vespa34567 is beginning to get noticed
Backbone Flute Selected Poetry Of Vladimir Mayakovsky (English and Russian Edition)

Backbone Flute: Selected Poetry Of Vladimir Mayakovsky (English and Russian Edition) by Vladimir Mayakovsky
English, Russian | Apr. 18, 2008 | ISBN: 1438211643 | 148 Pages | EPUB | 174.25 KB

Vladimir Mayakovsky (July 19, 1893 - April 14, 1930) is one of the most recognized and celebrated poets of the Russian canon.

One of the leaders of the Russian Futurism movement, which sought to capture the wonder of the fast-paced modern world and renounced the static art of the past, Mayakovsky completely bent the boundaries of language and introduced an entirely different style of poetry. His irregular line-breaks, his use of internal rhyme, his control of meter and his sense of rhythm combined together to form his unique style. His imagery is overflowing with allusions, metaphors and hyperboles. His major works, "A Cloud in Trousers," "Backbone Flute," and "I Love," sparkle with wit, wisdom and originality. This quality of his work is what also makes it incredibly difficult to translate. In this dual-language selection of Mayakovsky's poetry, Andrey Kneller attempts to capture not only the general meaning, but also the lyrical quality of the poetry that makes Mayakovsky a truly unique writer.
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me

Old 29th August 2015
Custom title
Visit my website

Barcelona (City Guide)

Insight Guides, "Barcelona (City Guide)"
ISBN: 1780052197 | 2014 | EPUB | 320 pages | 110 MB

Barcelona is one of the world's most-visited and stylish cities. Whether you want to wander La Rambla, admire the beautiful architecture, or visit the numerous colorful markets, Insight City Guide Barcelona will make sure you have the quintessential Barcelona experience. Features by local writers delve into topics including festivals, shopping, and urban regeneration, while evocative accounts of the city's districts bring Barcelona to life, from the Gothic Quarter (Barri Gňtic) to the culturally rich district of El Raval. Full-color photography and maps help you navigate with ease and our detailed Travel Tips gives you all the practical information you need to plan your trip, including our selection of the best and most authentic hotel and restaurants.

Old 29th August 2015
Custom title
Visit my website

Becoming a Physician Medical Education in Great Britain, France, Germany, and the United States, 175...

Becoming a Physician: Medical Education in Great Britain, France, Germany, and the United States, 1750-1945 by Thomas Neville Bonner
English | January 4, 1996 | ISBN-10: 0195062981 | 424 pages | PDF | 25 MB

Written by eminent education scholar Thomas Neville Bonner, Becoming A Physician is a groundbreaking, comprehensive history of Western medical education. The only work of its kind, it covers the United States, Great Britain, France, and Germany.

Comparative in focus, the narrative unfolds within the context of social, political, and intellectual transformations that occurred in Europe and North America between the Enlightenment and Nazi Germany. Viewing the late eighteenth century as a watershed in the development of medical education, Bonner begins by describing how earlier practices evolved in the 1800s with the introduction of clinical practices. He then traces the growth of laboratory teaching in the nineteenth century and the twentieth-century preoccupation with establishing a university standard of medical education. Throughout, Bonner pays particular attention to the students, chronicling their daily lives and discussing changes in the medical school population and the various biases-- class, gender, racial, and religious--students and prospective students faced.

Old 29th August 2015
Custom title
Visit my website

Beyond GDP National Accounting in the Age of Resource Depletion

Beyond GDP: National Accounting in the Age of Resource Depletion By Matthew Kuperus Heun, Michael Carbajales-Dale, Becky Roselius Haney
2015 | 232 Pages | ISBN: 3319128191 | PDF | 3 MB

This book uses the metaphor "The economy is society's metabolism" as a springboard to develop a rigorous theoretical framework for a better system of national accounts which goes "Beyond GDP" and is relevant to the age of resource depletion. Society is entering a new era in which biophysical limits related to natural resource extraction rates and the biosphere's waste assimilation capacity are becoming binding constraints on mature economies. Unfortunately, the data needed for policy-makers to understand and manage economic growth in this new era are not universally available. All stakeholders need a new way to understand our economy in the context of the biosphere's ability to provide essential natural capital, and we suggest that detailed information about materials, energy, embodied energy, and energy intensity should be routinely gathered, analyzed, and disseminated from a centralized location to provide markets and policymakers with a more comprehensive understanding of the biophysical economy. However, a firm theoretical foundation is needed before proceeding along this new path, which this book is intended to provide.
After arguing that the stock of manufactured capital is an important driver of material and energy demands imposed upon the biosphere, a new accounting framework is derived from the laws of thermodynamics to reflect the fact that material and embodied energy accumulate within the capital stock of economic sectors. This framework extends the Energy Input-Output (EI-O) techniques first developed by Bullard, Herendeen, and others to estimate energy intensity of economic products. Implications from the new framework are discussed, including the value of economic metrics for policy-making, the need for physically-based rather than product-based EI-O formulations, a re-assessment of the concept of economic "growth," and an evaluation of recycling, reuse, and dematerialization. The framework also provides an opportunity to assess an array of definitions for Daly's "steady-state economy" in relation to the ideal of a sustainable economy.
The book ends with a list of steps to be taken in creating a more comprehensive system of national accounts:
National accounting agencies worldwide should develop and maintain balance sheets of both natural and manufactured capital in addition to national income statements
All stocks and inter-sector flows should be provided in physical as well as financial units
In the US, the Bureau for Economic Analysis (BEA) should restart detailed Capital, Labor, Energy, Material, and Services (KLEMS) reporting
National accounting agencies should routinely estimate the energy intensity of economic products, and all of the above should be estimated and disseminated on an annual basis.

Old 29th August 2015
Custom title
Visit my website

Biological Autonomy A Philosophical and Theoretical Enquiry

Biological Autonomy: A Philosophical and Theoretical Enquiry By Alvaro Moreno, Matteo Mossio
2015 | 256 Pages | ISBN: 9401798362 | PDF | 2 MB

Since Darwin, Biology has been framed on the idea of evolution by natural selection, which has profoundly influenced the scientific and philosophical comprehension of biological phenomena and of our place in Nature. This book argues that contemporary biology should progress towards and revolve around an even more fundamental idea, that of autonomy. Biological autonomy describes living organisms as organised systems, which are able to self-produce and self-maintain as integrated entities, to establish their own goals and norms, and to promote the conditions of their existence through their interactions with the environment.
Topics covered in this book include organisation and biological emergence, organisms, agency, levels of autonomy, cognition, and a look at the historical dimension of autonomy. The current development of scientific investigations on autonomous organisation calls for a theoretical and philosophical analysis. This can contribute to the elaboration of an original understanding of life - including human life - on Earth, opening new perspectives and enabling fecund interactions with other existing theories and approaches. This book takes up the challenge.

Old 29th August 2015
Custom title
Visit my website

Black & Decker The Complete Guide to Painting & Decorating

Black & Decker: The Complete Guide to Painting & Decorating
PDF | 1999 | 288 pages | ISBN: 0865736324 | English | 53 MB

Black & Decker The Complete Guide to Painting & Decorating is an illustrated guide to improving interior rooms with paint, wallcoverings, and other decorative materials using professional techniques. Beginning with an overview of color and decorating principles, this helpful reference demonstrates the basics of painting and wallcovering

, including: selecting and estimating materials, preparing the room, removing existing paint and wallcovering, repairing damaged walls and woodwork, application techniques, and cleanup methods.

The featured projects appeal to all skill levels. Experienced do-it-yourselfers will be especially interested in the advanced painting and wallcovering projects, including: sponge painting, block printing, stenciling, rag rolling, painting faux finishes, painting and staining floors, hanging specialty wallcoverings, and creating wallcovering cutouts. There are also projects for adding architectural elements such as cornices, wall moldings, and ceiling medallions.

Highlights include:

A variety of affordable, do-it-yourself solutions for improving the appearance and style of any room.

Professional advice on selecting paint and wallcovering.

Exciting new design products such as wool painting pads, textured paint rollers, and polyurethane millwork.

Demonstrations of each project with clear step-by-step instructions and color how-to photographs.

Projects which appeal to a variety of skill levels and cover all aspects of painting and decorating, from beginning theories to advanced techniques.

Old 29th August 2015
Custom title
Visit my website

Bonapartism and Revolutionary Tradition in France The Fédérés of 1815 The Federes of 1815

Bonapartism and Revolutionary Tradition in France: The Fédérés of 1815: The Federes of 1815 by R. S. Alexander
English | 26 Apr. 1991 | ISBN: 0521361125 | 328 Pages | PDF | 7 MB

Bonapartism and Revolutionary Tradition in France is a study of the personnel, organisation and activities of the Fédérés, the massive paramilitary political associations that supported Napoleon during the Hundred Days. In tracing federe backgrounds the author demonstrates that the federations were politically and socially heterogeneous - composed of old revolutionaries, Bonapartists and future Liberals, and drawn from both the lower and middle classes.

Analysis of Fédéré literature and symbolism reveals the common ground of ideology and self-interest that enabled these diverse groups to unite in opposition to Bourbon rule, and thereby reverse the process of fragmentation that had beset the Revolutionary movement since 1789. Discussion of relations between the Imperial government and the Fédérés explains why Bonaparte encouraged this development, despite his realisation that old Jacobins dominated the associations of 1815.

Old 29th August 2015
Custom title
Visit my website

Broadcasting the Civil War in El Salvador A Memoir of Guerrilla Radio

Broadcasting the Civil War in El Salvador: A Memoir of Guerrilla Radio (Llilas Translations from Latin America) by Carlos Henriquez Consalvi
English | 2010 | ISBN: 0292722850 | PDF | 293 pages | 4,3 MB

During the 1980s war in El Salvador, Radio Venceremos was the main news outlet for the Frente Farabundo Martí para la Liberación Nacional (FMLN), the guerrilla organization that challenged the government.

The broadcast provided a vital link between combatants in the mountains and the outside world, as well as an alternative to mainstream media reporting. In this first-person account, "Santiago," the legend behind Radio Venceremos, tells the story of the early years of that conflict, a rebellion of poor peasants against the Salvadoran government and its benefactor, the United States.

Originally published as La Terquedad del Izote, this memoir also addresses the broader story of a nationwide rebellion and its international context, particularly the intensifying Cold War and heavy U.S. involvement in it under President Reagan. By the war's end in 1992, more than 75,000 were dead and 350,000 wounded--in a country the size of Massachusetts. Although outnumbered and outfinanced, the rebels fought the Salvadoran Army to a draw and brought enough bargaining power to the negotiating table to achieve some of their key objectives, including democratic reforms and an overhaul of the security forces.

Broadcasting the Civil War in El Salvador is a riveting account from the rebels' point of view that lends immediacy to the Salvadoran conflict. It should appeal to all who are interested in historic memory and human rights, U.S. policy toward Central America, and the role the media can play in wartime.

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls