Xossip

Go Back Xossip > Technology> E-books > Fiction Daily Updates (no request)

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 18th January 2013

MANonMAN has disabled reputations
Larry Mathews - The Artificial Newfoundlander (v5) (epub)

The Artificial Newfoundlander is a witty, playful, tale of contemporary St. John s. Hugh Norman, a middle-aged English prof researching an eccentric novelist priest, is faced with the unexpected arrivals of his mysteriously unhappy daughter, her clueless husband, and an old flame ready for rekindling. Relationships morph, lines are crossed, and Hugh confronts some unpalatable but laugh-inducing dilemmas.

http://filesflash.net/ydnc7fi7

Old 18th January 2013

Lilian Nattel - Web of Angels (v5) (epub)

Just as Jodi Picoult tackles controversial contemporary issues in her compelling domestic dramas, in Web of Angels bestselling novelist Lilian Nattel explores the vivid reality of what used to be called multiple personality disorder.

On the surface of things, Sharon Lewis is a lot like any other happily married mother of 3: she is the beating heart of a house full of kids, cooking and chaos, the one who always knows the after-school practice schedule, where her husband put the car keys and who needs a little extra TLC. Her kids and husband think she's a little spooky, actually, the way she can anticipate the tensions of any situation--and maybe they love her all the more for the extra care she gives them.

Life is definitely good until the morning Heather Edwards, a pregnant teenaged friend of the family, kills herself. The reverberations of that act, and the ugly secrets that sparked it, prove deeply unsettling to the whole family, and stir up Sharon's own troubling secret: she has DID, or dissociative identity disorder. And the multiples inside the woman the world knows as Sharon seem to know what happened to Heather, and what may be happening to Heather's surviving sister. Will Sharon's need to protect the innocent cause her to finally come clean about her true nature with her family and friends, and not just in the anonymous chat rooms on the web where she's connected to others like herself? Will a woman with DID be able to persuade her quiet and respectable community that evil things can happen even in the nicest homes?

http://filesflash.net/aisvopy0

Last edited by MANonMAN : 4th February 2013 at 03:48 AM.

Old 18th January 2013

Carol O'Connell - Bone by Bone (v5) (epub)

A stunning stand-alone novel from the national-bestselling author who 'has raised the standard for psychological thrillers' (Chicago Tribune).

Carol O'Connell's most recent Mallory novel, Find Me, was one of the most highly praised suspense novels of the year. 'A terrific find: a tightly wrapped, expert combination of suspense, mystery and show-stopping character' (Janet Maslin of The New York Times); 'yet another example of the spot-on talents of one of America's finest writers of mysteries' (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel). In Bone by Bone, however, she may have written her most unforgettable novel yet.

In the northern California town of Coventry, two teenage brothers go into the woods one day, but only one comes back. No one knows what happened to the younger brother, Josh, until twenty years later, when the older brother, Oren, now an ex-investigator for the Army CID, returns to Coventry for the first time in many years. His first morning back, he hears a thump on the front porch. Lying in front of the door is a human jawbone, the teeth still intact. And it is not the first such object, his father tells him. Other remains have been left there as well. Josh is coming home . . . bone by bone.

Using all his investigative skills, Oren sets out to solve the mystery of his brother's murder, but Coventry is a town full of secrets and secret-keepers: the housekeeper with the fugitive past, the deputy with the old grudge, the reclusive ex-cop from L.A., the woman with the title of town monster, and, not least of all, Oren himself. But the greatest secret of all belonged to his brother, and it is only by unraveling it that Oren can begin to discover the truth that has haunted them all for twenty years.

Written with the rich prose, resonant characters, and knife-edge suspense that have won the author so many fans, Bone by Bone is further proof that 'O'Connell is one of the most poetic yet tough-minded writers of the genre' (San Francisco Chronicle).

http://filesflash.net/w6ldgmgn

Last edited by MANonMAN : 4th February 2013 at 03:46 AM.

Old 18th January 2013

James Forrester - Clarenceux 01 - Sacred Treason (v5) (epub)

London, 1563. England is a troubled nation. Catholic plots against the young Queen Elizabeth spring up all over the country. The herald William Harley - known to everyone as Clarenceux - receives a book from his friend and fellow Catholic, Henry Machyn. But Machyn is in fear of his life... What secret can the book hold? And then Clarenceux is visited by the State in the form of Francis Walsingham and his ruthless enforcers, who will stop at nothing to gain possession of it. If Clarenceux and his family are to survive the terror of the state, he must solve the clues contained in the book to unlock its dangerous secrets before it's too late. And when he does, he realises that it's not only his life and the lives of those most dear to him that are at stake...

http://filesflash.net/9rmb7eff

Last edited by MANonMAN : 28th January 2013 at 07:07 PM.

Old 18th January 2013

Melanie Gideon - Wife 22 (v5) (epub)

Maybe it was my droopy eyelids. Maybe it was because I was about to turn the same age my mother was when I lost her. Maybe it was because after almost twenty years of marriage my husband and I seemed to be running out of things to say to each other.

But when the anonymous online study called 'Marriage in the 21st Century' showed up in my inbox, I had no idea how profoundly it would change my life. It wasn't long before I was assigned both a pseudonym (Wife 22) and a caseworker (Researcher 101).

And, just like that, I found myself answering questions.

7. Sometimes I tell him he's snoring when he's not snoring so he'll sleep in the guest room and I can have the bed all to myself.
61. Chet Baker on the tape player. He was cutting peppers for the salad. I looked at those hands and thought, I am going to have this man's children.
67. To not want what you don't have. What you can't have. What you shouldn't have.
32. That if we weren't careful, it was possible to forget one another.

Before the study, my life was an endless blur of school lunches and doctor's appointments, family dinners, budgets, and trying to discern the fastest-moving line at the grocery store. I was Alice Buckle: spouse of William and mother to Zoe and Peter, drama teacher and Facebook chatter, downloader of memories and Googler of solutions.

But these days, I'm also Wife 22. And somehow, my anonymous correspondence with Researcher 101 has taken an unexpectedly personal turn. Soon, I'll have to make a decision - one that will affect my family, my marriage, my whole life. But at the moment, I'm too busy answering questions.

As it turns out, confession can be a very powerful aphrodisiac.

http://filesflash.net/k2kmxxvm

Last edited by MANonMAN : 29th January 2013 at 06:49 PM.

Old 18th January 2013

Shelley Noble - Beach Colors (v5) (epub)

While renowned designer Margaux Sullivan was presenting her highly praised collection during New York City's Fashion Week, her husband was cleaning out their bank account. A week after he disappeared, the bank foreclosed on Margaux's apartment and business.

Suddenly broke, betrayed, and humiliated, Margaux has nowhere else to turn to but home: the small coastal town of Crescent Cove, Connecticut, where she once knew love, joy, and family before she put them behind her on the climb to fame. When she's stopped for speeding by local interim police chief Nick Prescott, Margaux barely remembers the "townie" boy who worshipped her from afar every summer. But Nick is all grown up now, a college professor who gave up his career to care for his orphaned nephew, Connor. Though still vulnerable, Margaux is soon rediscovering the beauty of the shore through young Connor's eyes . . . and, thanks to Nick, finding a forgotten place in her heart that wants to love again.

But as she continues to work on a bold new line that will get her back into the game, Margaux realizes that soon she will have to make the most important, most difficult decision of her life.

http://filesflash.net/8y8n48a5

Old 18th January 2013

Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child - Thunderhead (v5) (epub)

Explorers have always been captivated by the search for Quivira, the fabled Lost City of Gold. Nora Kelly's father vanished during one expedition 16 years earlier and now the young archaeologist is on a quest to discover what happened to him.

http://filesflash.net/8tx2p5jx

Last edited by MANonMAN : 28th January 2013 at 06:56 PM.

Old 18th January 2013

Elaine Coffman - By Fire & by Sword (v5) (epub)

With her sword for protection, Lady Kenna Lennox of Scotland defies social convention and reopens her family's ancient distillery. This feat of wit and daring captures the attention of the sadistic Lord Walter -- the Englishman who nearly destroyed her beloved older sister, a man who is determined to bring Lady Lennox to heel.

When Colin Montgomery, an American privateer, appears on the scene Kenna is instantly wary, yet highly attracted to this man among men. Filled with fear that she will be betrayed by her longing heart, Kenna struggles between the love she feels, the independence she craves and the danger she must face alone.

As vengeful, vicious plots unfold around her, Kenna must take up her sword to face her enemy, and fight for her life and her newfound love.

http://filesflash.net/wapsl4sl

Old 18th January 2013

Ami McKay - The Virgin Cure (v5) (epub)

The much-anticipated follow-up to the phenomenon that is The Birth House, The Virgin Cure secures Ami McKay's place as one of our most beguiling storytellers.

"I am Moth, a girl from the lowest part of Chrystie Street, born to a slum-house mystic and the man who broke her heart." So begins The Virgin Cure, a novel set in Victorian New York in the year 1871. As a crowded, sweltering summer of riots and poverty comes to a close, twelve-year-old Moth's journey is just beginning.

Sold away by her mother, Moth is befriended by a young pickpocket named Torch Boy. He introduces her to the formidable Marm Birnbaum, matron of the leading pickpocketing ring of the Lower East Side. There, under the guidance of a female thief named Kid Glove Lena, Moth is given lessons in survival, loyalty and, surprisingly, the art of melodramatic "blood-and-thunder" theatre.

Moth soon learns that life as one of Marm's girls is filled with unexpected dangers. After witnessing a violent crime involving a little girl, Moth is taken into the care of Dr. Sadie Fonda, a physician at the New York Infirmary for Women and Children. Moth's confessions about that night confirm what the young doctor has suspected all along, that there is a dark secret haunting the young women of the city - the myth of the virgin cure.

Determined to expose the myth, Sadie unknowingly puts herself in harm's way, leaving Moth to travel down a twisted, strange and dangerous path, alone. From a dime museum of anatomical wonders, to a dance hall populated by child prostitutes, to an apothecary shop where a magical pear tree once stood, Moth must rely on the lessons she learns from both Sadie and the streets to make things right.

The Virgin Cure is a tale of secrets and truths, of dark myths and magic of the heart - of one woman's fight to be heard, and one girl's desire to be loved.

http://filesflash.net/02qtsxgs

Old 18th January 2013

Marina Endicott - The Little Shadows (v5) (epub)

The Little Shadows revolves around three sisters in the world of vaudeville before and during the First World War. We follow the lives of all three in turn: Aurora, the eldest and most beautiful, who is sixteen when the book opens; thoughtful Clover, a year younger; and the youngest sister, joyous headstrong sprite Bella, who is thirteen. The girls, overseen by their fond but barely coping Mama, are forced to make their living as a singing act after the untimely death of their father. They begin with little besides youth and hope, but Marina Endicott's genius is to show how the three girls slowly and steadily evolve into true artists even as they navigate their way to adulthood among a cast of extraordinary characters - some of them charming charlatans, some of them unpredictable eccentrics, and some of them just ordinary-seeming humans with magical gifts.

Using her gorgeous prose and extraordinary insight, Endicott lures us onto the brightly lit stage and then into the little shadows that lurk behind the curtain, and reveals how the art of vaudeville -- in all its variety, madness, melodrama, hilarity and sorrow -- echoes the art of life itself.

http://filesflash.net/nzhgmn19

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls