Xossip

Go Back Xossip > ChitChat> News, Reviews & Gossip > Yoga not as safe as thought

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Custom title

Dovahkiin is a pillar of our communityDovahkiin is a pillar of our communityDovahkiin is a pillar of our communityDovahkiin is a pillar of our communityDovahkiin is a pillar of our communityDovahkiin is a pillar of our communityDovahkiin is a pillar of our communityDovahkiin is a pillar of our community
Angry Yoga not as safe as thought

MELBOURNE: Yoga may not be as safe as popularly believed, say scientists who have found that the ancient Indian meditative practice may causes muscle and bone pain and even exacerbate existing injuries.

The findings, published in the Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies, come from the first prospective study to investigate injuries caused from recreational participation in yoga.

Yoga is an increasingly popular complementary or alternative therapy for musculoskeletal disorders, with millions of people practicing worldwide.
"While yoga can be beneficial for musculoskeletal pain, like any form of exercise, it can also result in musculoskeletal pain," said Evangelos Pappas from the University of Sydney in Australia.

"Our study found that the incidence of pain caused by yoga is more than 10 per cent per year, which is comparable to the injury rate of all sports injuries combined among the physically active population," said Pappas.

"We also found that yoga can exacerbate existing pain, with 21 per cent of existing injuries made worse by doing yoga, particularly pre-existing musculoskeletal pain in the upper limbs," he said.

However people consider it to be a very safe activity. This injury rate is up to 10 times higher than has previously been reported.

"In terms of severity, more than one-third of cases of pain caused by yoga were serious enough to prevent yoga participation and lasted more than three months," Pappas said However, 74 per cent of participants in the study reported that existing pain was improved by yoga, highlighting the complex relationship between musculoskeletal pain and yoga practice.

"Pain caused by yoga might be prevented by careful performance and participants telling their yoga teachers of injuries they may have prior to participation, as well as informing their healthcare professionals about their yoga practice," Pappas said.
"Yoga participants are encouraged to discuss the risks of injury and any pre-existing pain, especially in the upper limbs, with yoga teachers and physiotherapists to explore posture modifications that may results in safer practice," he said.

source: TOI

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Girls Please Eat Aloo Parantha
Visit my website
  Election: NHB Elections (Contest)    Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund      
axba has hacked the reps databaseaxba has hacked the reps databaseaxba has hacked the reps databaseaxba has hacked the reps databaseaxba has hacked the reps databaseaxba has hacked the reps databaseaxba has hacked the reps databaseaxba has hacked the reps databaseaxba has hacked the reps databaseaxba has hacked the reps databaseaxba has hacked the reps databaseaxba has hacked the reps databaseaxba has hacked the reps databaseaxba has hacked the reps databaseaxba has hacked the reps databaseaxba has hacked the reps database
UL: 10.97 gb DL: 26.31 gb Ratio: 0.42
I agree

If u blindly start following yoga because others are doing you will get ur muscles pulled and you may even disturb yout respiratory system
Regards - axba
Read Best Story of this world -
Chheen lunga tujhe ~ छीन लूँगा तुझे In Hindi Roman/Devnagari both

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Someday I'll be Your Boss
Visit my website
  Contest Master: Oversees all contests    Super Moderator: Moderator of all forums      
Suzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps database
Send a message via Yahoo to Suzane007 Send a message via Skype™ to Suzane007
UL: 21.98 mb DL: 1.79 gb Ratio: 0.01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
MELBOURNE: Yoga may not be as safe as popularly believed, say scientists who have found that the ancient Indian meditative practice may causes muscle and bone pain and even exacerbate existing injuries.

The findings, published in the Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies, come from the first prospective study to investigate injuries caused from recreational participation in yoga.

Yoga is an increasingly popular complementary or alternative therapy for musculoskeletal disorders, with millions of people practicing worldwide.
"While yoga can be beneficial for musculoskeletal pain, like any form of exercise, it can also result in musculoskeletal pain," said Evangelos Pappas from the University of Sydney in Australia.

"Our study found that the incidence of pain caused by yoga is more than 10 per cent per year, which is comparable to the injury rate of all sports injuries combined among the physically active population," said Pappas.

"We also found that yoga can exacerbate existing pain, with 21 per cent of existing injuries made worse by doing yoga, particularly pre-existing musculoskeletal pain in the upper limbs," he said.

However people consider it to be a very safe activity. This injury rate is up to 10 times higher than has previously been reported.

"In terms of severity, more than one-third of cases of pain caused by yoga were serious enough to prevent yoga participation and lasted more than three months," Pappas said However, 74 per cent of participants in the study reported that existing pain was improved by yoga, highlighting the complex relationship between musculoskeletal pain and yoga practice.

"Pain caused by yoga might be prevented by careful performance and participants telling their yoga teachers of injuries they may have prior to participation, as well as informing their healthcare professionals about their yoga practice," Pappas said.
"Yoga participants are encouraged to discuss the risks of injury and any pre-existing pain, especially in the upper limbs, with yoga teachers and physiotherapists to explore posture modifications that may results in safer practice," he said.

source: TOI
Post the link of source.
N.B.All the pics posted by me have been downloaded from the internet.Credit goes to the original uploaders.Anyone having any complaint against any pics please don't request me to remove them unless & until they violate the rules of Xossip.Once its on the net, its everywhere.Just like virginity;once lost, its lost forever.

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Someday I'll be Your Boss
Visit my website
  Contest Master: Oversees all contests    Super Moderator: Moderator of all forums      
Suzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps databaseSuzane007 has hacked the reps database
Send a message via Yahoo to Suzane007 Send a message via Skype™ to Suzane007
UL: 21.98 mb DL: 1.79 gb Ratio: 0.01
Quote:
Yoga not as safe as thought
padh k dil garden garden sa ho gaya
N.B.All the pics posted by me have been downloaded from the internet.Credit goes to the original uploaders.Anyone having any complaint against any pics please don't request me to remove them unless & until they violate the rules of Xossip.Once its on the net, its everywhere.Just like virginity;once lost, its lost forever.

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Custom title

bangali_babu has disabled reputations
UL: 27.19 gb DL: 23.46 gb Ratio: 1.16
No one ever said that yoga is completely safe!

Only fools can have such thoughts. None of the exercises or any forms of martial arts are safe for anybody. There are limits to everything that restricts the exercise type for a particular body type or person.

I have an old yoga book from the 1980s. It clearly mentioned pros and cons of each and every asana. So, I don't think this knowledge was kept secret from the masses. Greedy publishers and shady yoga studio owners might've hid this info from their customers.

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Custom title

Dovahkiin is a pillar of our communityDovahkiin is a pillar of our communityDovahkiin is a pillar of our communityDovahkiin is a pillar of our communityDovahkiin is a pillar of our communityDovahkiin is a pillar of our communityDovahkiin is a pillar of our communityDovahkiin is a pillar of our community
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/h...w/59352401.cms

Old 3 Weeks Ago

maridegu is beginning to get noticed
https://www.scribd.com/doc/294111934...ine-3rd-ed-pdf

Yoga Teachers mention outright If you have pain, avoid doing asanas that cause pain in that part.

Many vague terms in the report
injuries caused from recreational participation in yoga.
Active population.

It's as if the belief is
Yoga solves everything, If it doesn't talk it down.

Yoga is breathing + bending + thinking.
Skip any one, benefits aren't there.

Old 3 Weeks Ago
aka platform

swon has celebrities hunting for his/her autographswon has celebrities hunting for his/her autographswon has celebrities hunting for his/her autographswon has celebrities hunting for his/her autographswon has celebrities hunting for his/her autograph
UL: 308.22 mb DL: 33.28 mb Ratio: 9.26
no need to buy everything that's put on sale

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Custom title

Dova doesn't need approval of some researchers, he has always maintained Yoga is complex exercise, It's not for everyone (integrating it in school curriculum) and should always be done under supervision and despite all hue and cry it isn't best form of exercise. Considering risk benefit ratio, Nothing beats brisk walking. Yoga is way tooooo overrated.

Self pro claimed biggest Yoga teacher in the world is a fraud and cheat.

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Just a Salesman is an unknown quantity at this point
This is what happens when people with bias in minds start opening their mouth. I am warning everybody pls do not spread misinformation.

What u are discussing is not Yoga. It is just one small part of Yoga. What u are discussing is Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha Kriya. This is one part of Raja Yoga. Before even starting this you have to follow the 5 Yamas and 5 Niyamas. Nonviolence, Honesty, Noncoveting others assets, nonstealing, nonhoarding, celibacy, Cleanliness, Contentment, Austerity, Study, Surrender etc... Yoga is not exercise or gymnastics or prayer or looking up thinking heaven is there and on god is there or looking down below the ground thinking hell is there and satan is there.

Yoga means uniting or associating with the divine force, the creator, call it by whatever name.. There are four ways of doing it. Jnana Yoga, Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Raja Yoga.

What is practiced by Christianity is Karma Yoga + Bhakti Yoga + miniscule part of Raja Yoga (kneeling down in prayer with palms folded - this is an asana).

What is practiced in Islam is Karma Yoga + Bhakti Yoga + miniscule part of Raja Yoga (Namaz position - this is also an asana).

What is practiced in various other faiths are all parts of one or more of the four yogas.

So u now see the scope of the subject and how universal it is.

It is open architecture not closed one with one book one god one founder and if u dont follow then out of society or off with ur head!!!

Hope i make myself clear.

Dont make people fight in name of religion and bias - mine is better than urs and i cannot follow urs coz it is said so in mine and this and that...

All is one and one is all. The divine is there in every particle.

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls